National Cadet Corps
The National Cadet Corps in India is a voluntary organization which recruits cadets from High schools, Colleges and Universities all over India and gives those volunteers military training. The main aim of National Cadet Corps is to groom the youth of the country into disciplined, responsible and patriotic citizens. NCC inculcates among the youth a sense of nationalism and secular outlook that would contribute towards the building of a stronger nation and apart from that also provides a common platform for individual up-lift of masses through the process of channelizing the energy of the young Indians in a constructive purpose. National Cadet Corps helps the youth to realize the relationship between man and the community, between community and nature and their inter-dependability.
Going beyond the motto ‘Unity and Discipline the NCC unit of Bharata Mata College comprising of 108 cadets worked as a team in the service of the community. The unit organizes various programs which mould the future leaders of the nation.
LT. NITHIN THOMAS
Associate NCC Officer:
Lt. Nithin Thomas commands the 3 Alpha Company of NCC in Bharata Mata College. He is commissioned in flying colours from the Officers Training Academy, Kamptee, Maharashtra. He was the recipient of the Commandant’s Silver Medal for the outstanding performance during the course. He was also the Parade Commander of the Passing out Parade of the 169th course of Associate NCC Officers at the Officers Training Academy, Kamptee, Maharashtra.
APARNAL LALU: Senior Under Officer
TIJO JOSEPH: Junior Under Officer
SACHIN M P: Junior Under Officer
AMAL SHANMUGHAN: Junior Under Officer
Company Sergeant Major : RAHUL GOPI
Company Quarter Master Sergeant : AKHILA SS
- Anti tobacco pledge was taken by the cadets on June 8 2016 to reaffirm their willingness to avoid all sorts of intoxicating elements.
- International Day of Yoga on June 21 was celeberated with a wide variety of programmes. NCC in association with NSS organised a short term yoga course to give training on Yoga. On 21 June, cadets of Bharata Mata NCC unit and cadets from Navnirman Public School, Vazhakkala assembled at our college auditorium at 7am and performed Yoga for an hour and participated in the nationwide Yoga celebrations. In the evening a yoga session was conducted for entire college and there was wide participation from students and teachers.
- On July 26 Road safety club in association with NCC conducted a road safety awareness bike rally to Kakkanad and then to our college.
- Independence day was celebrated with a colourful display of NCC parade.
- On August 18, the new entrants to NCC were enrolled. 58 cadets were enrolled this year.
- The Teachers Day was carried out by dynamic celeberations in the college. The NCC unit also joined the celeberations by providing a large canvas to protray the feelings of students about their teachers. It was a very succesful programme and the canvas was filled with hundreds of responses.
- On Oct 1 NCC organized homage to Mahatma Gandhi.Rev. Fr. Jacob Pallakapalli and CTO Nithin Thomas offered flowers at the statue of Mahatma Gandhi in the renovated Gandhi park in the college.Cadets took the swatch bharat oath by cleaning the garden and premises in front of our college.
- November 25 NCC day. NCC day was celebrated with a variety of programmes . On 25th Nov a placard completion on NCC was carried out NCC day rally was flaged of by our manager Rev. Fr. Palakapalli . Principal Dr. Aype Thomas inspired the cadets for this vibrant enthusiasm. Assitant Director Fr. Binto Kilukan addressed the gathering. Cadets’ rally marchred from college to NGO quarters and to Kakkanad and then back to college Cadets’ raised the slogans of natonal integration, patriotism and the likeA large crowd along the rally witnessed the disciplined display of NCC cadets’
- From 23 to 31 December 2016, cadets of BMC NCC unit were in Annual Training Camp conducted by 21 Kerala Battalion, Ernakulam at GPTC Kalamassery. Our cadets had an outstanding performance throughout the camp. They bagged several prizes and stood first in Cultural competitions, Drill competitions and Gold medal in shooting competitions.
- On Republic Day, the cadets of BMC NCC unit represented 21 Kerala Battalion, Ernakulam in the Parade competition held at Collectorate ground, Kakkanad. Out of the 30 platoons, NCC Boys platoon came first and the NCC girls platoon stood second. Both received the trophies from the honourable Minister of Finance, Dr Thomas Isaac.
- NCC Cadets volunteered for the conduct of Special School State Youth festival held at our college.
- NCC Cadets joined hands with Thrikkakara Munciplaity in the drive against plastic wastes by collecting it from various places. MLA P T Thomas inauaguarted the drive.
- Cdt Aparna Lalu attended the Thal Sainik Camp held at New Delhi in September 2016. She also won Gold medal in Field Signals Category
- CSM Akhil Shibu attended the para-jumping camp held at New Delhi in Nov 2016. He had three para-jumps from fighter planes above 2000 ft. In the history og Bharata Mata NCC unit he is the first cadet to do the parajump. He is also the first cadet in about 10 years to attend the parajumping in the 21 Kerala Battalion Ernakulam.
- CSM Akhil Shibu and Sgt Albin John attended the National Integration Camp held at Uttarpradesh from 2 June to 12 June 2016.
- Cdt Aparna Lalu, Cdt Sachin M P, Cdt Vishnu P V, Cdt Tijo Joseph has attended various TSC preparatory camps and represented Ernakulam group in the Inter Group Competition held at Calicut from 21 July to 31 July 2016. All four cadets bagged gold and bronze medal in various categories.
- Cdt Rohith V R attended the National Trekking camp in Maharashtra.
- Cdt Reshma Krishnan attended the National Integration Camp held at Calicut.
- Cdt Amal Shanmughan, Cdt Albert Johnson, Cdt Arjun Kumar K S, Cdt Vishnu Das, Cdt Alan J Chettiyil attended the Army Attachment Camp held at Bihar Military Regiment, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Going beyond the motto ‘Unity and Discipline the NCC unit of Bharata Mata College comprising of 108 cadets worked as a team in the service of the community. A wide range of activities were conducted in the Golden Jubilee year.
- The Environment day was observed by a special campaign named ‘’Plant a tree’ in June. On the Hiroshima Day, the cadets took the anti terrorism pledge and reaffirmed their willingness to work for the nation.
- Independence Day was celebrated with a grand flag hoisting ceremony. Rev Dr. Varghese Kalaparmbath(Manager) and Prof. Jose J Puthussery(Principal) were the chief guests and received the salute of the company. Gandhi Jayanti was commemorated with a cleaning parade and the cadets stood with the Swach Bharat Abhiyan.
- On Aids day cadets reached in to the society by an awareness run through the nearby places of the college. The marathon was flagged of by our beloved Principal.
- The official parades of NCC were concluded by the grand ceremony on the Republic Day. Guard of honor and March past were conducted in the college ground and many dignitaries were present on the occasion. There were active participation from the ex cadets too.
- 5 official parades were conducted this year and cadets actively attended parades and written the B and C certificate examinations. Some of the cadets attended various prestigious camps organized by NCC.
- CQMS Vishnu TT participated in the Rock Climbing and Trekking camp at Gwalior in November, 2015.
- JUO Swapna K Suresh attended National Integration Camp at Chattisgarh in November, 2015.
- Cdt Sajith P S and Cdt Abhijith P R attended the All India Trekking at Bihar in December, 2015.
- Cdt Aravind Mohan Raj and Cdt Midhula M Nair won Gold medals in the national Integration Camp at Alappuzha.
- JUO Gokul Gopi and Cdt Ameya Anil participated in the Special National Integration Camp held at New Delhi in January,2016.
- Lcpl Akhil Shibu,Cdt Rahul Gopi, Tijo Joseph, Sachin M P attended the Army Attachment camp in Trivandrum in February 2016.
- Cadets also attended the Annual Training Camp held at Vaikom and Thrissur.