B.COM (FINANACE & TAXATION) MODEL 1 (Self Financing) ( 2 Batches)
The Taxation department was initiated in the year 2002. To cater to the needs of more applicants an additional batch was started in 2012. Each batch has a sanctioned strength of 50 students. As it is a self-financing department, 50% of the seats are filled by university and 50% by the management. Academic excellence has always been the hall mark of this department. We are committed to provide a comprehensive development which will mould the students into academically competent, morally up-right and socially well integrated Individuals. The department is actively engaged in disseminating knowledge related to areas of Taxation and Marketing in the field of commerce and motivates the students to explore the fortunes by invoking the scope of new approaches in finance and marketing.
Strength and Achievements:
There are 4 M.Phil and 5 NET holders in the department. The faculty members have published journal articles in National and International journals. MsMuthulakshmi R(faculty) got the best presenter award for presenting the paper titled “Emerging trends in corporate sector” (International conference)organized by PG Department of Commerce & Research centre on 19th July 2017 at St.Xavier’s College for women, Aluva. The student co-ordinator of “I can make a difference” was honoured in the college Jubilee function for the initiative they took in reaching out to the needy sections of the society.
Class rooms are equipped with projectors and portable mike systems
What makes us unique?
- Qualitative teamwork.
- Exemplary results in academics.
- Aims on overall development of students.
- Events with a touch of novelty.
- Value based knowledge dissemination.
- Top priority to discipline and academi
- Strive for perfection in tasks assigned
- Maintains cordial relationship with parents.
- “I can make a difference”- an ongoing project for cancer patients.
- Active participation of students in academics, sports, cultural activities, and college union.
Programme:B.com Model I Finance & Taxation (Batch I & II)
- Optional Subjects:
- Goods and Service Tax (GST)
- Financial Services
- Income Tax 1
- Income Tax II
- Open course – Investment Management
- Add on Course – Finance Market Professional course
- Fundamentals of Capital Market
- Mutual funds Investing
- Securities Operations
- Investment Adviser
Associations & Forums
Scholastic education alone does not develop a personality. Hence, the department provides a platform, where, the students can unravel their latent potentials to develop into holistic individuals. Active participation of students in various activities is encouraged. All the students in Tax, Batch 1&2 and Marketing join their hands to organize events.
- WIZCOM -Wizcom is a one-day event, with a formal function, followed by various cultural events and competitions of students. It was initiated in the year 2005.
- Meals on wheels: it is a charitable program, hosted by the Self-financing B.Com Departments in this college. Students contribute Rs 40 per month and each month, an amount of Rs 20,000, is handed over to karuyanavarsham trust, in order to provide meals for the needy at Cooperative Hospital, Kalamassery. Whenever possible, on every Wednesday, the students and teachers go to the hospital and work as volunteers in serving meal to them. The Department head acts as the coordinator for the same.
- I Can make a Difference:” I Can Make a Difference” is an initiative by the Taxation and Marketing (SF) Department to reach out to the society. The beneficiaries of this venture are cancer patients from less privileged backgrounds. Initiated in the year 2015, ‘I Can make a Difference’ is an ongoing project whichhas extended a helping hand to more than six patients till date.
- National seminar – Every year Department organizes a national seminar, with the intention to give students an exposure to the research field.
- 2015 –“Financial Market – in the light of Government policies and regulations” which was inaugurated by Sri C.V.George, GM, Reserve Bank of India
- 2016 – “INVESTIMENTO” – Discovering New horizons of Investment” which was inaugurated by K.T. Jaleel , Minister for Local Administration, Kerala