BSc Physics Model I
BSc Physics Model II – Computer Applications
The Department of Physics was established in the year 1965 with the commencement of the science groups in the Pre Degree course. Physics Dept. has two degree courses. BSc.Physics Model I started on 7th August 1980 and BSc Physics Model II(Computer Applications as Vocational Subject) started on 4th August 2001. The department is blessed with 9 well experienced, eminent and committed teachers (6 in substantive post and 3 guest), all are with M.Phil.or Ph.D. Many former students of this department have secured admission in IIM’s, National Universities and other prestigious Universities and institutions. The department is rich in infrastructure facilities and co-curricular activities. Seminars, workshops, orientation programmes and an IT Club are functioning under the department.
- The only Science Department with vocational degree course specialized in Computer Applications
- Mandatory research project for all final year UG students and they are encouraged to use the equipment facilities of the department.
- Remedial coaching for Slow learners
- Special coaching for Advanced learners
- Subscription of Journals and Periodicals
- Lecture Method
- Test papers
- ICT Enabled Teaching
- Aype Thomas P (Principal)
- Prince J Josevilla
- Regi Augustine( HOD)
- Jessy George
- John T Abraham
- Anu Philip
- Urmila K S( Guest faculty)
- Lakshmi Narayanankutty (Guest faculty)
- BavyaBalakrishnan (Guest faculty)
- Physics Association and IT Club
- Various activities of associations include quiz programmes, invited talks of scientists, eminent professors and professionals.
- Computer literacy programmes for the public and senior citizens free of cost.
- Other activities like LED bulb making to promote the skill development of the students.
- Demonstration of Physics experiments to school children
National Seminar on the topic “Climate Change and its Impact on Ocean and Atmospheric System ” on Feb 18, 2015
Students from our department secured high ranks in the University examinations
Alumni members of our department are holding responsible positions in Educational Institutions, IT Companies, Top business Executives
If Research department - No
Research guides Details: One
Dr. John T Abraham is guide in Bharathiar University, Karpagam University, Noorul-Islam University, Annamalai and Co-Guide in Bharathidasan University. One student awarded PhD and 7 students are doing their PhD.